Oberlin City Library opened in 1907 and was located in the old Opera House. In 1956, the library opened at the present site. In 1967, Oberlin City Library became a member of Northwest Kansas Library System. A renovation was completed in 1979, tripling the size of the library. In 2014, a renovation was made to the interior, with a new front desk, computer station, carpeting, and an upstairs handicapped-access bathroom. In 2018, the large basement room was renovated to include a Meeting room/ Classroom space and a Youth Center with new flooring, computers, computer desks, and xbox tvs. We look forward to continued improvements for our library.